These cookies guys are the best cookies I’ve made to date! Like a brownie and a cookie rolled into one and totally festive and very scrumptious. The perfect bake for a lazy Sunday afternoon, then enjoy platefuls with a refreshing glass of milk or a scoop of your favourite ice-cream! Every single morsel of these cookies combines my LOVE of chocolate orange, gooey double chocolate cookies and indulgent treats. It’s a really super quick to make recipe, because you don’t need to chill the dough before baking and each and every bite is packed full of gooey, chocolatey goodness! This is a recipe for all the chocoholics out there and Terry’s chocolate orange addicts like me!
Crackly, soft + chewy pure deliciousness. These cookies a pretty addictive. They got eaten super quickly and are definitely the best cookies I think I’ve ever made (and eaten!!). I will definitely 100% be making these each year for Christmas now! They’re also a great gift idea for friends and brilliant to serve at parties or just for an afternoon pick-me-up with a cuppa coffee or tea!
Like I mentioned above, this recipe is super duper easy, there’s no need for chilling the dough, so you will have the very best (and most delicious) cookies on your kitchen table in no time at all! So in less than 30 minutes you can enjoy the warmest and most scrumptiously good cookies!
These cookies are Christmas in a few mouthfuls! They certainly won’t hang around for long once you’ve baked a batch. You’ll be baking these all Christmas long!
Ingredients- (Makes 8-9 large cookies)
110g of unsalted butter (1/2 cup), softened at room temperature
200g (1 cup) of light brown sugar
1 medium free-range egg, at room temp
1/4 tsp of vanilla bean paste or 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
165g (1 cup + 2 tbsp) of plain flour
Pinch of salt*
1/2 tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp of bicarbonate of soda
30g (2tbsp) of cocoa powder
200g (1 cup) of Terry’s chocolate orange, cut into smallish chunks or 200g of milk or dark chocolate chips/chunks + 1 tsp of orange zest
1. Preheat your to 190 degrees C / 375 F / Gas mark 5. Line two large baking trays with non-stick paper or parchment and set aside for later.
2. Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla together until light and fluffy. Add the egg and beat in to incorporate fully.
3. Now add the flour, pinch of salt, baking powder, bicarb and cocoa powder and mix until a dough comes together.
4. Finally, finish by adding the chocolate chunks/chips and mix in combine into the dough.
5. Divide the mixture into balls- we use an ice-cream scoop for ease. Spread out evenly on the baking trays. Bake in the preheated over for 10-12 minutes, until spread out and crackling on top.
6. Once cooled, allow to cool on the trays for 5 minutes- in this time they will harden and will become more easily transferable. Finish cooling on a wire rack.
7. Once cooled, enjoy with an obligatory glass of ice-cold milk or even crumbled over a few scoops of your favourite ice-cream! ENJOY!
Have a great week guys!