I’m so excited to share this recipe today! I finally bought myself a skillet, after resisting for way too long. So for my first recipe using my brand spanking new skillet is for the best and most chewiest and delicious one-pan skillet cookie. I absolutely love baking homemade cookies, they’re my ultimate comfort food on a cold autumn day with a mug of tea or a glass of milk. I could share an endless list of reasons why skillet cookies are amazing, firstly they’re 100 x quicker AND easier to make than regular cookies, you haven’t got the malarkey of laying out trays and rolling out each individually or waiting for the dough to chill. But with my recipe you will have uber chewy and moreish skillet cookie in no time whatsoever! It doesn’t get better than that, right?! ENJOY!
Before and after baking, this cookie will fill your house with the most amazing aromas. It’s a simple, super easy recipe that is just so satisfying. Bite after bite, it makes you feel warm and happy inside. It crumbles, is chewy and is a pleasure on the taste buds. Pile high with vanilla ice cream for that extra ‘lil indulgence- it’s a sin not to!
Gooey, chocolatey pure deliciousness. I love best the way the chocolate chips ooze and get all melty- definitely my favourite thing about warm cookie!
Ingredients- (Makes 1 x 10 inch Skillet Cookie)
- 2 cups of plain flour
- 1 tsp of bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 3/4 cup of unsalted butter, softened at room temp
- 1/2 cup of caster sugar
- 3/4 cup of light brown sugar
- 1 large free-range egg
- 1 tsp of vanilla bean paste or 2 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of dark or milk chocolate chips/chunks- I used milk choc chips for this recipe
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C Fan / 350 F. In a small mixing bowl add the flour, bicarb and the salt. Mix and then set aside.
2. In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter, both sugars and the vanilla and beat on medium speed for 3 minutes until light and fluffy. Add the egg and mix until well incorporated.
3. Now add the flour mix in two batches (half at a time), keep mixing until it just comes together into a stiff cookie dough- don’t overwork the dough! Then fold through the chocolate chips.
4. Lightly grease the skillet with a little bit of butter, add the cookie dough and spread out evenly into the skillet- I used my hands at this point, but you can also use a spatula to do this.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes (mine took about 30 minutes) until risen and nicely lightly coloured. Allow to cool and set for 15 minutes, then slice and enjoy!
Enjoy the recipe everyone!
You can also follow me on:
Like my Facebook page here