Chewy and fudgy chocolate orange cookies. An easy no chill cookie recipe oozing with chunks of gooey Terry’s chocolate orange!
These cookies are the some of the best cookies I’ve ever made! I know that’s a bold statement to make, but honestly these cookies are literally one of the best creations to come out of my kitchen. They’re exactly like a brownie and a cookie rolled into one and totally festive and scrumptious. Enjoy a plateful of these cookies with a glass of ice-cold milk or a scoop of your favourite ice cream and get ready to go to cookie heaven.
If you’re a fan of Terry’s chocolate orange, then you are going to absolutely love these cookies! The best thing about this cookie recipe is that you don’t need a mixer to make them and you won’t have to chill the dough before baking.
I have a SERIOUS addiction to Terry’s chocolate orange. It’s my favourite chocolate and even more so at this time of year. If you’re like me, you might also be interested in trying my no-bake Terry’s Chocolate Orange Cheesecake and these Terry’s Chocolate Orange Cupcakes! Two reader favourite recipes right there!
Crackly, soft and chewy pure deliciousness. Though, these cookies do come with a warning.
They’re beyond addictive.
Because the recipe makes a smaller batch of cookies, you’ll probably find yourself baking another batch as soon as the first disappears.
These cookies are sure to become one of your favourite go-to cookie recipes. I make these cookies every single Christmas without fail and they always go down a treat. They would also a great gift idea for your family or friends and are absolutely brilliant to serve at parties or just for a mid afternoon treat with a cup of coffee, tea or even a mug of hot chocolate.
Like I mentioned above, this recipe is super easy to make. There’s no need for chilling the dough, so you will have the very best (and most delicious) cookies on your kitchen table in no time at all! Homemade cookies in less than 30 minutes? Check! It doesn’t get better than that!
(Makes 9-10 large cookies)
110g butter (salted or unsalted), softened
200g dark or light brown sugar – I prefer the flavour of light brown sugar
1 large free-range egg, at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
165g plain flour
Pinch of salt – only add if using unsalted butter
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
30g cocoa powder
200g Terry’s chocolate orange, cut into small chunks or 200g of dark or milk (or a mix) chocolate chips/chunks + 1 teaspoon of orange zest
1. Preheat your to 190°C / 170°C Fan / 375°F / Gas Mark 5. Line 2-3 large baking trays with parchment paper or silicone baking mats and set aside.
2. Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla together until light and fluffy. Add the egg and beat until incorporated.
3. Add the flour, pinch of salt, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and cocoa powder and mix until a dough comes together.
4. Finally, finish by adding the chocolate chunks/chips and mix in combine into the dough.
5. Divide the mixture into balls – I use an ice cream scoop for ease. Spread out evenly on the baking trays. Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes until spread out and with a crackled-top.
6. Once cooked, allow the cookies to cool on the trays for 5 minutes – in this time they will firm up and will become more easily transferable. After 5 minutes cooling, I like to press an extra Terry’s chocolate orange segment on the top of each cookie – this is optional. Then transfer the cookies to a wire rack and allow them to cool.
7. Once cooled, enjoy with a glass of ice-cold milk or served with a couple of scoops of your favourite ice cream!
Love cookies and Terry’s chocolate orange? Have a go at baking these recipes next!
Keep up to date with me on:
Like my Facebook page here