Chewy and fudgy chocolate orange cookies. An easy no chill cookie recipe oozing with gooey Terry’s chocolate orange!
These cookies are the some of the best cookies I’ve ever made! Like a brownie and a cookie rolled into one and totally festive and scrumptious. The perfect bake for a lazy Sunday afternoon, then enjoy platefuls with a refreshing glass of ice-cold milk or a scoop of your favourite ice cream.
If you’re a fan of Terry’s chocolate orange, then you are going to absolutely love these cookies! The best thing about this cookie recipe is that you don’t need a mixer to make them and you won’t have to chill the dough before baking.
I have a SERIOUS addiction to Terry’s chocolate orange. It’s my favourite chocolate, and even more so at this time of year. If you’re like me, you may be interested in trying my no-bake Terry’s Chocolate Orange Cheesecake and these cupcakes! Two reader favourite recipes right there!
These cookies are jam packed with gooey chunks of Terry’s chocolate orange!
Crackly, soft and chewy pure deliciousness. These cookies come with a warning. They’re beyond addictive. Because the recipe makes a smaller batch of cookies, you’ll probably find yourself baking another batch as soon as the first disappears.
These cookies are sure to become one of your favourite go-to cookie recipes. I love making these every single Christmas and always go down a treat. They would also a great gift idea for your family or friends and are absolutely brilliant to serve at parties or just for an mid afternoon treat with a cup of coffee, tea or even a mug of hot chocolate.
Like I mentioned above, this recipe is super easy to make. There’s no need for chilling the dough, so you will have the very best (and most delicious) cookies on your kitchen table in no time at all! Homemade cookies in less than 30 minutes? Check! It doesn’t get better than that!
These cookies are the taste of Christmas! Once you’ve baked them, they certainly won’t hang around for long. You’ll be baking these all Christmas long!
(Makes 9-10 cookies)
110g unsalted butter (1/2 cup), softened
200g (1 packed cup) light brown sugar
1 large free-range egg, at room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
165g (1 cup + 2 tbsp) plain flour
Pinch of salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
30g (2 tbsp) cocoa powder
175g Terry’s chocolate orange, cut into smallish chunks or 175g of milk or dark chocolate chips/chunks + 1 tsp of orange zest
1. Preheat your to 190 degrees C / 375 F / Gas mark 5. Line two large baking trays with parchment or silicone baking mats and set aside.
2. Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla together until light and fluffy. Add the egg and beat until incorporated.
3. Add the flour, pinch of salt, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and cocoa powder and mix until a dough comes together.
4. Finally, finish by adding the chocolate chunks/chips and mix in combine into the dough.
5. Divide the mixture into balls – I use an ice cream scoop for ease. Spread out evenly on the baking trays. Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, until spread out and crackling on top.
6. Once cooked, allow the cookies to cool on the trays for 5 minutes – in this time they will harden and will become more easily transferable. Finish cooling on a wire rack.
7. Once cooled, enjoy with a glass of ice-cold milk or even crumbled over a few scoops of your favourite ice cream!
Keep up to date with me on:
Like my Facebook page here