Oreo cookies take centre stage in this decadent ice cream pie. A crumbly Oreo cookie base with a layer of vanilla Oreo ice cream.
I’m taking a step back in time and revisiting an older blog recipe from 2015 with some brand new photos. My Oreo Ice Cream Pie is a sweet and refreshing summer dessert recipe.
I’m willing the sun and summer weather to come back with this recipe. As I write this blog post, it’s been pouring down outside and doesn’t feel like July. I have this ice cream ready for a sunny day, hopefully not too far away!
This amazing pie starts with an Oreo cookie base. Made with 2 packs/28 Oreo’s in total, mixed with 75g of melted butter. Give these ingredients a quick mix together, then press onto the base of a 23-inch/9-inch cake tin. I use a spring form tin, but a pie dish is also a good choice.
For the no-churn ice cream, take some double cream (make sure it’s nice and chilled so it whips well), grab a can of sweetened condensed milk, followed by some vanilla extract.
Firstly, whip the cream until stiff peaks start to form, pour in your tin of condensed milk, along with the vanilla, continue whisking until the mixture has thickened again. The final step is folding in another pack and a half of crushed Oreo’s, then spreading the mix on top of the cookie base.
Cover and pop in the freezer overnight. Decoration is totally up to you. I whipped the remaining 100ml of cream I had leftover and piped that on top of the pie and sprinkled over extra crushed Oreo’s.
When ready to serve, allow the ice cream pie to sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes before slicing. This gives the ice cream a chance to soften slightly and you get to enjoy the creaminess of this pie!
It lasts in the freezer for up to 3 months, so you have a slice of ice cream pie whenever you want!
Oreo Ice Cream Pie
- 28 Oreo's (this is 2 x standard packets)
- 75 g butter (salted or unsalted) melted and cooled slightly
Oreo Ice Cream:
- 500 ml double cream chilled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 397 g can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 and 1/2 packs Oreo cookies (this is 21 Oreo's) use the remaining Oreo's to decorate
- To make the crust: Crush the Oreo cookies in a food processor. Add the melted butter and mix through to combine. Scatter the cookie mixture intoa 23cm / 9-inch springform tin or pie dish, and press down until compact. Place in the fridge while you make the filling.
- To make the ice cream: Whisk the cream and vanilla until soft peaks form. Fold through the condensed milk, followed by the crushed Oreo's and mix to combine. Transfer the mixture into the tin. Cover the top and leave to freeze for at least 8 hours, or overnight for best results.
- To decorate: Once the ice cream pie is set, allow it sit outside the freezer for about 10 minutes to soften slightly. Now carefully remove from the tin - if you’re having trouble removing it from the tin, it’s helpful to dip a knife into hot water, wipe and then run around the sides to release more easily. Finish by decorating with swirls of extra whipped cream and Oreo's, if desired.
- The pie will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
More ice cream treats!
Keep up to date with me on:
Like my Facebook page here