Surprise! Today we are inviting you ALL to a virtual baby shower honouring Kelly from Life Made Sweeter and Hilary from My Own Blog Review. To celebrate, we are sharing 12 recipes and crafts that are ready to “pop”. Make sure to “pop” over and check out everyone’s posts. Congratulations Kelly and Hilary!
I just wanted to keep the recipe as easy and simple as I possibly could without compromising on the taste. I’m a big fan of lemon and poppyseed cake. These cakes are light, buttery and I just love the sweetness from the sticky icing just drizzled over each cake. I like way the poppyseed’s give a delicious crunch in each mouthful and the gorgeous tangy lemon flavour that bursts in each bite.
Lemon Poppyseed Drizzle Cakes
- 125 g butter (salted or unsalted) softened
- 125 g caster sugar
- Zest from two lemons
- 2 eggs
- 125 g self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon poppyseed's
- 4 tablespoons icing sugar
- Lemon juice enough to reach your preferred consistency
- Preheat your oven to 200°C / 180°C Fan / 400°F / Gas Mark 6. Line a 6-hole muffin tin with paper liners and set aside.
- Take the sugar and lemon zest and rub the two ingredients together using your fingers. Cream the butter and lemon sugar together until light and fluffy. Then add the eggs and mix to incorporate fully. Add the flour and poppyseed's and mix.
- Evenly distribute the mixture equally between the cupcake liners. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the cakes are lightly golden and a cake tester comes out completely clean. Cool in the tin for a few minutes, then transport to a wire rack to finish cooling completely.
- Finish the cakes by making the icing. Mix the icing sugar and enough lemon juice to make a thick glaze. At this point remove the cupcakes from the liners. Then drizzle over the icing and leave the icing to set before serving. Decorate with extra lemon zest and poppyseed's if desired.
Click the links for the other delicious treats!
Key Lime Pie Popsicles – Spoonful of Flavor
Cheddar Bacon Crescent Poppers – A Little Claireification
Sweet Indulgence Popcorn mix – It Bakes Me Happy
‘Popular’ Tiramisu Blondies – Frugal Foodie Mama
Lollipop Centerpiece – The Mandatory Mooch
Buttered Popcorn Creme Brulee – Baking a Moment
Orange Poppy Seed Scones – Cookie Monster Cooking
Lemon Poppyseed Baked Donuts – Blahnik Baker
Candy Popcorn Pops – Little Miss Celebration
Lemon Drizzle Iced Poppyseed Cakes – What Jessica Baked Next
Lemon Cheesecake Pops – What’s Cooking Love?
Keep up to date with me on:
Like my Facebook page here