The easiest of recipes! This Halloween Chocolate Bark is a great treat to rustle up for trick-or-treaters, serve at a Halloween party, or to use up any leftover chocolate and sweets!
We’ve kicked off Halloween on the blog with my Ghost Cupcakes, now we move onto another devilishly delicious treat…
Pick your favourite chocolate for the base of your chocolate bark. I made this recipe with my sister, we went for Cadbury Dairy Milk, then swirled some melted white chocolate through the milk chocolate. We’ve topped our bark with Reese’s Pieces, chopped Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, and crushed Oreos. All our favourite chocolate and confectionery!
You could also top the bark with Halloween-inspired sprinkles, gummy sweets – we didn’t do this because all the sweets we found weren’t vegetarian. But toppings are totally individual, next time we even discussed adding some pretzels for extra crunchy texture.
This chocolate bark is perfect for making to give out to any trick-or-treaters and Halloween parties.
Kids will love getting involved in making this! It’s a super fun and easy treat to whip up, there’s absolutely no baking involved, and it takes only 30 minutes to set in the fridge. It can be topped differently depending on the season – I’m already thinking of a (dare I say it?) Christmas-inspired one!
This chocolate bark tastes just so good, you may or may not want to open the door to any trick-or-treaters. I don’t blame if you keep it all to yourself!
It’s like creating your own chocolate bar, you can add all your favourite chocolates and sweets – make a bark completely unique to you!
Halloween Chocolate Bark
- 360 g dark or milk chocolate
- 100 g white chocolate
- 90 g bag Reese's Pieces
- 5 snack size Reese's Peanut Butter Cups each chopped into quarters
- 5 Oreos broken into a mixture of big and small pieces - you can add more
- Line a large baking tray/sheet with baking paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Melt both types of chocolate, separately in either the microwave, or in a bowl atop a pan of simmering water (make sure it's not directly touching) - this is known as a bain-marie.
- Spread the melted milk chocolate over the baking tray/sheet into an even layer, about 1/2-inch in thickness.
- Top with the Reese's Pieces, chopped Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, and the crushed Oreos. Add any additional toppings you desire.
- Place the chocolate bark in the fridge for 30 minutes, or until ready to serve. Cut into pieces as big or small as you like. The bark will keep in the fridge for up to a week.
Bake more Autumn/Halloween recipes!
Keep up to date with me on:
Like my Facebook page here