Peanut butter and chocolate chip granola. The perfect mix of sweet ‘n’ salty flavour. If you love peanut butter, then this granola recipe is for you!
Peanut butter granola has to be one of my favourite breakfast recipes. PB + chocolate = amazing flavour combo! I have always loved making my own granola – when it’s homemade you know exactly what’s gone into it and you can easily control the sugar levels. It’s also a super fun activity baking your own. Plus, because of the chocolate chips, this granola definitely feels like you’re eating dessert for breakfast!
Ever since I shared this delicious vanilla almond granola, I’ve been hooked on creating and testing out new granola recipes. So many granola recipes, so little time!
The granola requires just a handful of ingredients, it’ll take you 30 minutes at tops to bake and makes a great breakfast treat any day of the week! You know it’s SO good because it even coerces me to get out of bed in the morning, which is usually a very hard thing to do! The granola makes a great snack too, you could easily add a handful of M&M’s or some roasted peanuts to the mix.
The recipe couldn’t be any simpler or easier to prepare. To start toss together oats and sugar. I also like to add a couple of tablespoons of brown sugar to this granola, I find it adds a gorgeous caramel flavour and gives the granola a slightly crunchy texture. Then all you need to do is melt together peanut butter, oil, honey/maple syrup and vanilla. Once melted, pour it over the oats and stir to coat. Spread out on a large baking tray and then bake until golden. I told you it was easy!
Once the granola is cooled I really like adding about a whole packet (100g / 1/2 cup of milk chocolate chips – I sometimes add dark chocolate chips or cut up chunks of chocolate if that’s what I have in my store cupboard.
300g jumbo rolled oats
2 tablespoons dark or light brown sugar (optional)
60ml (1/4 cup) oil – I use rapeseed oil
125g (1/2 cup) smooth or crunchy peanut butter
125ml (1/2 cup) honey or maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
100g (1/2 cup) milk or dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 150°C / 130°C Fan / 300°F / Gas Mark 2. Line a large baking sheet with baking parchment or a silicone baking mat.
2. In a large mixing bowl toss together the oats and brown sugar (if using).
3. In a small saucepan, on a medium heat melt together the oil, peanut butter and maple syrup/honey and vanilla. Don’t boil this mixture too hot.
4. Pour the melted peanut butter mixture over the oats and mix to combine. Make sure all the oats are evenly completely moistened. Spread the mixture out over the baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes – stirring every 10 minutes or so. Once the granola is cooked, it will be soft and lightly golden.
5. Leave the granola on the tray to cool. As it cools it will get crisp. Once completely cool, mix through the chocolate chips. Store in an airtight container or jar. Enjoy with milk or Greek yoghurt.
Keep up to date with me on:
Like my Facebook page here