Crunchy peanut butter and chocolate chip granola. The perfect mix of sweet ‘n salty flavour. If you love peanut butter, then this granola recipe is for you!
Peanut butter granola has to be one of my favourite breakfast recipes. PB + chocolate = amazing flavour combo! I have always loved making my own granola – when it’s homemade you know exactly what’s gone into it and you can easily control the sugar levels. It’s also a super fun activity baking your own. Plus, because of the chocolate chips, this granola definitely feels like you’re eating dessert for breakfast!
Ever since I shared this delicious vanilla almond granola, I’ve been hooked on creating and testing out new granola recipes. So many granola recipes, so little time!
This peanut butter and chocolate granola is the perfect treat any PB lover out there! It’s actually a recipe re-do from a little while back. I finally got round to updating the pictures and the recipe slightly. I wanted to share the recipe all over again because it’s one of my favourites and doesn’t last long in our house!
The granola requires just a handful of ingredients, it’ll take you 30 minutes at tops to bake and makes a great breakfast treat any day of the week! You know it’s SO good because it even coerces me to get out of bed in the morning – which is usually a very hard thing to do! The granola makes a great snack too – you could easily add a handful of M&M’s or some roasted peanuts to the mix – I’m definitely going to try that next time I make it!
The recipe couldn’t be any simpler or easier to prepare. To start toss together oats and sugar. I use brown sugar in this granola, it adds a gorgeous caramel-y flavour and gives the granola a delicious crunchy texture. Then all you need to do is melt together peanut butter, oil, maple syrup and vanilla for added sweetness. Once melted, pour it over the oats and stir to coat. Spread out on baking sheets and then bake until golden. Easy peasy!
Once the granola is cooled I really like adding about 1/2 cup of milk chocolate chips – I sometimes add dark chocolate chips or cut up chunks of chocolate if that’s what I have in my store cupboard. Customise the recipe and make it your own! The granola has a very light peanut butter flavour, but if you prefer add another tablespoon or two and adjust to your own taste. I sometimes drizzle over melted peanut butter for an extra delicious touch!
300g (3 1/2 cups) jumbo rolled oats
2 tbsp brown sugar (optional)
65g (1/4 cup) smooth or crunchy peanut butter
60ml (1/4 cup) oil – I use rapeseed oil
60ml (1/4 cup) maple syrup or honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
100g (1/2 cup) milk or dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F / 180°C / 160C fan / Gas Mark 4. Line a large baking sheet with baking parchment or a silicone baking mat.
2. In a large mixing bowl toss together the oats and brown sugar (if using).
3. In a small saucepan, on a medium heat melt together the peanut butter, oil, maple syrup and vanilla. Don’t get the mixture too hot.
4. Pour the melted peanut butter mixture over the oats and mix to combine. Make sure all the oats are evenly covered. Spread the mixture out over the baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes – stirring halfway through. Once the granola is cooked, it will be soft and lightly golden.
5. Leave the granola on the tray to cool. As it cools it will get crisp. Once completely cool, mix through the chocolate chips. Store in an airtight container or jar. Enjoy with milk or Greek yogurt and even drizzle over extra melted peanut butter!
More granola you must try!
Keep up to date with me on:
Like my Facebook page here
Enjoy the recipe! Happy Baking!