Milk chocolate cheesecake studded with crushed Cadbury Crunchie chocolate bars. These chocolate-coated honeycomb bars are the star of the show, in this sensational no-bake cheesecake.
This is actually a recipe-redo from a little while back. This cheesecake recipe has been requested through emails from many readers and I finally got round to making one and I’m really happy to share (and eat) it all over again!
I have always loved no-bake cheesecakes more than the baked varieties. No-bake cheesecakes are always great because they can be made ahead of time and look really impressive. The hardest part is always waiting for the cheesecake to chill and set.
This cheesecake is one of my favourites to date. Chocolate coated honeycomb is one of the best types of chocolate bars and, when combined with this easy, fluffy milk chocolate cheesecake, it makes a delicious showstopper dessert.
If you’re a lover of Cadbury Crunchie bars, then why not give this cheesecake recipe a whirl! You’ll love all aspects of it, the buttery biscuit base, and the milk chocolate cheesecake layer full of Crunchie pieces.
The Crunchie bar inside the cheesecake will lose its crunchiness a little, and will slightly ooze/weep, but it’s still amazing nonetheless! Also, decorate the top of the cheesecake as close to serving, otherwise the Crunchie topping will soften too.
Grab the ingredients and head to your kitchen to make this fabulous cheesecake. You won’t regret doing it!
No-Bake Crunchie Cheesecake
- 155 g butter (salted or unsalted)
- 360 g digestives I use a mixture of plain and milk chocolate digestives
- 300 g dark or milk chocolate I use 100g dark chocolate and 200g milk chocolate
- 600 g full-fat cream cheese softened - I leave mine out at room temperature for about an hour
- 3 tablespoons icing sugar
- 300 ml double cream
- 4 Cadbury Crunchie Bars cut into small pieces - add more if you like
- Melted chocolate
- Whipped cream
- Cadbury Crunchie Bars
- To prepare the biscuit base: Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Blitz the biscuits in a food processor to a fine crumb. Add the melted butter and mix until well combined. Tip the biscuit crumbs into a 23cm springform cake tin and press down until firm. Use the back of a spoon to smooth over, place in the fridge to chill whilst you make the filling.
- To make the cheesecake filling: Melt the chocolate over a bain-marie or in the microwave in 20 second intervals. Leave to cool for a few minutes - chocolate stills needs to be slightly warm before adding the remaining cheesecake ingredients later to avoid lumps forming. In a medium mixing bowl beat together the cream cheese with the icing sugar until combined.
- In another mixing bowl whisk the cream until soft peaks form. Fold through the melted chocolate into the cream cheese mixture. Now gently fold the cream into the cream cheese mix. Finally, fold through the chopped Crunchie chocolate bars.
- Spoon the cheesecake mixture over the biscuit base and smooth over with a spatula or palette knife. Cover and leave to chill for at least 6 hours, or preferably overnight.
- When ready to serve, remove the cheesecake from the tin and decorate as desired. I drizzled mine with extra melted milk chocolate, piped some more whipped cream around the edge and sprinkled over more crushed Crunchie bars.
- The cheesecake can be made ahead of time, leave it in the tin, covered with cling film for up to 3 days. Leftover slices can be stored in an airtight container in a fridge.
More cheesecake recipes to try next!
Keep up to date with me on:
Like my Facebook page here