No-bake vegan white chocolate Oreo cheesecake. Ultra creamy and mousse-like cheesecake made without any dairy.
This is officially my first new recipe in 2022, it’s been two months since I last posted on here. As you might have read from my Facebook post here, the end of 2021 and start of this year have been a difficult time for me and I needed to take a break. I have my mojo back and I’m ready to crack on with blog content and sharing new recipes.
I finally picked up my camera again, after last working on my blog properly in November. It’s been nice to get back to blogging, taking the time off made me realise how much I missed it!
After sharing my Vegan Biscoff Cheesecake last year, this recipe has become one of the most viewed vegan dessert recipes on the blog.
So far, I’ve made a Biscoff version and a classic No-Bake Vegan Cheesecake. There’re three vegan cheesecake recipes on this website, if you have any cheesecake flavours you want to see, then just comment below and let me know your ideas!
Recently, I incorporated one of the best accidentally vegan biscuit/cookies into my classic vegan cheesecake recipe.
Oreos are my guilty pleasure. They’re sweet, chocolatey and an opened pack never seems to last long when I’m around!
To make this cheesecake, start by picking your favourite biscuit for the cheesecake base. I went for Oreos, but digestives or another chocolate cream filled biscuit would work (such as bourbon creams).
Because I used Oreos, I use slightly less butter – you don’t want the base too wet, with these measurements it’s just perfectly crumbly but still holds together when sliced. If you choose to use digestives instead of Oreos, increase the butter in the biscuit base part of the recipe to 140g instead of 75g (if using Oreos).
The cheesecake filling is made by combining vegan cream cheese with icing sugar, vanilla extract and melted dairy-free white chocolate, then folding through whipped dairy-free cream and crushed Oreos.
I said before, I didn’t think cheesecake would be on the menu anymore for me following a vegan lifestyle. But how wrong I was!
This Vegan Oreo Cheesecake is not only dairy-free, it’s nut-free and easy to make gluten-free. It’s a great make-ahead dessert and perfect for feeding a hungry crowd!
Vegan Oreo Cheesecake
Oreo Biscuit Base:
- 300 g Oreo cookies
- 75 g baking block or dairy-free spread (salted or unsalted) melted
Oreo Cheesecake Filling:
- 200 g vegan cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100 g vegan white chocolate melted and cooled slightly
- 250 ml vegan cream
- 154 g Oreo cookies roughly crushed
- To make the biscuit base: Mix the crushed Oreos with the melted dairy-free spread until moistened. Press the Oreo crumbs into a 23cm springform tin until compact. Put to one side while you make the cheesecake filling.
- To make the cheesecake filling: In a large mixing bowl whisk the vegan cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla until smooth. Fold through the melted vegan white chocolate until combined. In another large mixing bowl, whisk the dairy-free cream until soft peaks form. Fold the cream into the white chocolate cream cheese mixture until all the ingredients are incorporated, then finally fold through the crushed Oreos - be careful not to over mix.
- Spread the cheesecake filling on top of the biscuit base you prepared earlier and smooth the top with either the back of a spoon, a spatula or a palette knife. Cover the cheesecake and leave it to set in the fridge for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, remove the cheesecake from the springform tin and decorate as desired. I love serving it with extra whipped cream and some crushed Oreos. The cheesecake will keep stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Keep up to date with me on:
Like my Facebook page here