Indulgently creamy homemade White Chocolate Ice Cream. This ice cream is made with three ingredients and without an ice cream machine in sight!
This White Chocolate Ice Cream is another recipe inspired by food I ate whilst away on a trip.
Ice cream was something we certainly indulged in during that holiday. I think I devoured about two or three ice creams a day…
I talked about a fantastic ice cream shop in this blog post. This shop sold really great ice cream and there was a flavour suited to everybody. On offer were classics like chocolate, strawberry and vanilla, and then some slightly different flavours, such as Kinder Bueno, berry/strawberry cheesecake, and fruity flavours including refreshing lemon, mango and watermelon.
One flavour that did amaze us, was white chocolate ice cream (chocolate blanco).
My sister picked this flavour the first night out and we all tried some. It was delicious, so utterly creamy and tasted just like eating a bar of white chocolate.
And you guessed it, the very next night I picked that flavour without hesitation!
I have a few no-churn ice cream recipes on my blog already, check these out below!
My most recent ice cream recipe is this No-Churn Oreo Ice Cream
Try my Cadbury Creme Egg Ice Cream for a delicious Easter-inspired recipe
Or if you’re a fan of Biscoff, try this incredibly good Speculoos Cookie Butter Ice Cream
I’ve said this many times before, but the no-churn method of making ice cream is truly special. It’s amazing how easy and quick (minus the freezing time) you can make homemade ice cream. I’ve made ice cream a couple of times in my ice cream machine, but it really is a faff and takes a lot longer than this no-churn version does to make!
The texture of this ice cream is very similar to gelato. A very decadent ice cream, one of which when you’ve started eating, it isn’t easy to stop yourself going back for more…
The ice cream takes just 10 minutes to prepare and then needs to freeze for at least 6 hours, or up to overnight.
All you need is a mixing bowl, a whisk, a spatula, three ingredients and a dish to pop your ice cream into.
Remember to take your ice cream out from the freezer and allow it to warm up for 10 minutes before scooping.
Serve your homemade ice cream in cones or a bowl. Other serving ideas include: serving the ice cream with strawberries or raspberries, topping the ice cream with a sprinkle of coconut, some toasted hazelnuts or pistachios. You could also serve this ice cream with a slice of your favourite chocolate or vanilla cake, brownies, a stack of pancakes, or even some apple crumble.
White Chocolate Ice Cream (Easy Three Ingredient Recipe)
- 300 g white chocolate
- 500 ml double cream chilled
- 397 g tin sweetened condensed milk
- Melt the white chocolate either in a heatproof bowl atop a pan of simmering water (bain-marie), or in a microwave in 20-second bursts, stirring well until it's completely melted, and then set aside to cool slightly. Watch carefully as chocolate burns very easily.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the cream until soft peaks form. Fold through the condensed milk, followed by the melted chocolate. Mix until everything is all combined - the mixture will thicken significantly once the white chocolate is added. Don't over mix.
- Spread the ice cream mixture out into a suitable container. Scatter over some white chocolate curls and extra pieces of white chocolate, if desired. Cover the top with a lid or a piece of clingfilm.
- Freeze for at least 6 hours or until firm and scoopable. I recommend freezing it overnight for the best results. Once ready to serve, scoop into cones or bowls. The ice cream will store in the freezer for up to one month.
Keep up to date with me on:
Like my Facebook page here