Colourful, fun and delicious cookies. It’s hard to resist these perfectly crisp and chewy vanilla flavoured cookies filled with crunchy chocolate M&M’s.
I was kindly sent some products from SelfPackaging to present my bakes in. I wasn’t contracted to write a blog post and all views and opinions are my own.
There’s no sweeter way to welcome Monday and the start of a new week than serving you a plate of homemade M&M cookies! This latest cookie creation of mine is based on my Chocolate Chip Cookies, but this time I’ve swapped the chocolate chips for lots of chocolate M&M’s, which contrast perfectly with this deliciously soft and chewy cookie.
This is what your cookie dough should look like and hopefully you won’t be tempted to eat it all before baking!
There hasn’t ever been a time that I haven’t loved M&M’s (I especially like the bags with crispy, chocolate and peanut M&M’s), they’re definitely my favourite candy/sweet of all time. When I visited New York City a few years ago, I came home with a 1kg bag of chocolate M&M’s – I actually packed my suitcase full of American confectionery to enjoy when I arrived back in the UK. The downside was, because I bought so much during my trip, that my friend and I actually had to rush and buy an extra suitcase just so we were able to bring the goodies home before our plane left!
Anyway, my love of M&M’s led me to create this cookie recipe and this just might be my favourite cookie I’ve baked for my blog. I prefer my cookies to be softly baked, if you like your cookies the same way as I do then make sure to bake them until they’ve just started turning golden around the edges, but if you want your cookies crispier then just leave the cookies a few minutes longer in the oven.
With the arrival of summer, I highly recommend you serve two of these cookies sandwiched together with a scoop of vanilla ice cream – we made cookie sandwiches using these and they were amazingly yummy and I know for certain I’ll be making these all summer long.
Four delicious cookies all wrapped up and ready to be gifted
I love making lots of tasty treats, but most the time baking for my blog leaves me with a lot of leftovers, more than the four people living in the house can eat. Because of this I often give a lot of my bakes away, sometimes to family, friends or neighbours.
I always struggle to find a container or a way I can transport my bakes to the recipient/s in an appetising way. Thankfully, SelfPackaging, a company based in Barcelona, got in contact and sent me some of their creative and eco-friendly packaging boxes and gift boxes to store and share my bakes in.
I filled my beautiful pink and lilac cookie and macaron boxes with these M&M cookies. The boxes can be tied with pink bakers twine and decorated with pretty pink and white heart pendant tags and tags personalised for example with your own blog/business logo. It was a really nice surprise to receive my personalised tags with my blog logo, which was drawn by my good friend, Alice.
150g butter (salted or unsalted), softened
80g light brown sugar
80g caster sugar
1 large free-range egg, at room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
225g plain flour
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
Pinch of salt (add a 1/4 teaspoon if using unsalted butter)
250g (2 x 125g packets) chocolate M&M’s, plus extra for decoration
- Preheat oven to 190°C / 170°C Fan / 375°F / Gas Mark 5. Cream the butter, brown sugar and caster sugar together until pale and creamy.
- Add the egg and the vanilla extract and beat until completely incorporated.
- Sift the flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda together over the top of the mixture and gently fold in until a few specks of flour remains.
- Now add the chocolate chips and fold them through until evenly distributed throughout the cookie dough.
- Cover and chill the dough for at least 15 minutes – for this batch of cookies I chilled my dough for one hour.
- Divide the cookie dough into 15-20 equally sized pieces – each piece should roughly weigh 50g and then roll the cookie dough into balls between your palms. Evenly spread on two to three large baking trays lined with parchment paper or silicone baking mats (leave a gap between each cookie to allow for spreading).
- Bake the cookies for 10-15 minutes until they’ve turned a light golden colour – watch the cookies closely as all ovens are different and you don’t want these to over bake. When the cookies come out the oven they will appear under baked, however, as they cool they will firm up as they cool.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking trays for a few minutes. As the cookies cool you can press a few extra M&M’s on the tops if desired, then gently transport the cookies to a wire rack to finish cooling completely. The cookies will store in an airtight container for up to one week, but I find they’re best eaten on the day of baking or the day after.
Here are my favourite bakery-style M&M cookies, I hope you have fun baking these.
Bake these biscuit and cookie recipes next!
Keep up to date with me on:
Like my Facebook page here