This blog post was created in collaboration with Magnum Ice Cream. All views and opinions expressed are entirely my own.
These mini cheesecakes are for all peanut butter fans out there! Chocolate biscuit base topped with a layer of peanut butter cheesecake, followed by a drizzle of double chocolate ganache and a sprinkle of chopped roasted peanuts.
They’re any peanut butter lover’s dream dessert. It’s a mix of sweet and salty flavours and the perfect treat for anybody who loves cheesecake.
This year Magnum has launched the new Magnum Double. It’s available in 3 flavours, Magnum Double Chocolate, Magnum Double Caramel and Magnum Double Peanut Butter.
These delicious cheesecakes are based on the distinct layers included in the Magnum Double Peanut Butter. This truly decadent dessert combines and captures all the things I love about the Magnum Double Peanut Butter ice cream into a simple dessert that’s easy to make and delicious.
It’s no lie that I am a big fan of sharing cheesecake recipes on my site and I am currently having a lot of fun creating mini cheesecakes. Because they’re mini, it means you can indulge in more than one cheesecake.
The mini cheesecakes consist of a buttery chocolate biscuit base that is followed by a layer of sweet peanut butter cheesecake. They take just 10 minutes to prepare and only 20 minutes to bake. Once they are completely chilled each cheesecake is topped with a generous spoonful of double chocolate ganache.
When I am in need of a yummy reminder of these cheesecakes, I like to have a pack of the Magnum Double Peanut Butter in my freezer ready for when a peanut butter craving strikes! My family and I have been fans of Magnum ice creams since I was very little. I remember warm summer days and hearing the jingle from an ice cream van arriving down the road where we live. I would beg my mum and dad for ice cream and a Magnum would always be what I would pick.
Are you a fan of Magnums? If so, what is your favourite flavour and why?
I love the layers in the new Magnum Double Peanut Butter ice cream. I can’t think of a better treat to enjoy on a hot summer day!
Biscuit Base –
9 (approx. 150g) chocolate biscuits (mine were coated in chocolate)
60g (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
Peanut Butter Cheesecake –
450g/1lb (16 ounces) cream cheese, softened
125g (1/2 cup) smooth peanut butter
130g (2/3 cup) caster or granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large free-range eggs, at room temperature
Double Chocolate Ganache –
175g (1 cup) mix of milk and dark chocolate
120ml (1/2 cup) double (heavy) cream
- Preheat oven to 170°C / 150 Fan / 325°F / Gas Mark 3. Line a 12-hole cupcake/muffin tin with paper cases and set to one side.
- To make the biscuit base: Crush the biscuits until they’re fine crumbs. In a small bowl, mix together with the melted butter until coated. Divide the crumbs between the paper cases – approx. 1 tablespoon in each. Press down slightly until firm, then bake for 5 minutes until toasted. Leave to cool whilst you make the filling.
- To make the cheesecake filling: Beat the softened cream cheese, peanut butter and sugar until smooth. Add the vanilla and the eggs and mix until incorporated. Divide the cheesecake filling over the top of the prepared biscuit bases. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until set. Leave to cool in tin completely, then remove and chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours or preferably overnight.
- To make the ganache: Finely chop the chocolate and place in a medium sized bowl. Gently heat the cream in a small saucepan then take off the heat once it’s boiling. Pour the hot cream over the top of the chocolate and leave for 5 minutes. Now stir until smooth and no lumps of chocolate remain.
- Spoon the ganache over the top of each cheesecake. Sprinkle with peanuts and chocolate chips if you desire before serving.
Keep up to date with me on:
Like my Facebook page here