Crispy oven roasted potatoes seasoned with sweet smoked paprika and garlic. Serve as an appetiser or for lunch with your favourite dips. These potatoes are the perfect side dish to about pretty much anything!
Recipe originally posted April 2016, photographs updated January 2022.
I’ve completed a couple of updates on older blog recipes. Last year I updated this Mexican Red Rice and this Roasted Vegetable Couscous. I’ve also updated my Paprika Roasted Potatoes recipe with a some new photographs as I made the recipe again recently.
We usually enjoy these paprika roasted potatoes on a regular basis. They make a brilliant light lunch and they’re also a great sharing food. Take baby potatoes, slice in half and mix with paprika (I use smoked paprika for best flavour), garlic granules instead of fresh garlic as the granules don’t burn and taste bitter when roasted, some salt and pepper and oil.
As soon as the potatoes leave the oven they’re tossed onto a platter or bowl and served with dips like sour cream, classics like ketchup and mayonnaise or sometimes we like to serve them with sweet chilli or Sriracha for even more flavour.
These crisp and golden potatoes are super easy and quick to prepare – they’ll be on your dinner table in half an hour!
To make this potato dish all you will need is a handful of ingredients, most of which I’m sure will already be in your kitchen cupboard. They take 30 minutes at most to cook and after baking they’re perfectly crispy on the outside, soft and fluffy on the inside and not to mention super flavourful!
Great served with salad along with (vegan) sausages or pizza. However you choose to eat these potatoes, I know you’ll really enjoy them!
Paprika Roasted Potatoes
- 1 kg baby potatoes
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic granules
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil I use olive oil
- Preheat oven to 220°C / 200°C Fan / 425°F / Gas Mark 7.
- Slice the baby potatoes in half. Place the sliced potatoes in a large mixing bowl along with the paprika, garlic granules, salt, black pepper and oil.
- Mix the potatoes with the other ingredients until they're thoroughly coated. Toss the potatoes onto a large baking tray and spread them out evenly.
- Bake the potatoes for 25-30 minutes until crisp and the potatoes are soft and cooked all the way through.
- Serve the potatoes warm with your choice of dips and a sprinkling of chopped chives or parsley. My favourite dips are vegan soya cream, mayonnaise or ketchup.
Other vegan side dishes to try!
Keep up to date with me on:
Like my Facebook page here