Classic clotted cream fudge studded with crunchy chocolate Oreo cookies. Just 5 ingredients and incredibly simple + easy to make! You are going to love this cookies and cream fudge!
I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone who doesn’t love fudge. I mean what’s not to like about creamy smooth sweet bites of pure deliciousness?
What I really like most about fudge, besides the fact it is delicious and seriously addictive, is how versatile each fudge recipe can be. I’ve already shared my Custard Cream Fudge (the best creation!). That recipe always goes down a treat with my blog readers, and when I made it for a charity bake everybody went CRAZY for it, and it sold out in less than 2 minutes!
After I realised the popularity of that fudge recipe, I decided to make a new version. I made this Oreo fudge to take over to my best friend’s house last weekend and yet again, like the previous times I’ve made it, this fudge went down a storm with everyone who tried a piece!
I’ve taken that previous fudge recipe and swapped the custard creams, which if you’re wondering are the British equivalent of golden Oreos for regular chocolate Oreo cookies. The fudge is just as tiring to make as I remember, I’m not gonna lie the recipe requires quite a bit of muscle to make! But after an extreme arm workout you can reward yourself with square after square of the yummy fudge! 😉
One of the best homemade treats and beautifully modelled by my sis!
This fudge requires just a handful of ingredients. It’s inspired by Cornish clotted cream fudge which always reminds me of family holidays in beautiful Cornwall. But I’ve added a twist, the fudge is speckled with crushed Oreos which are one of my favourite cookies!
The greatest thing about this simple recipe is that it’ll only take 30 minutes from start to finish to make and it doesn’t even require a candy thermometer! Making fudge can be an intimidating process, heating the fudge to the correct temperature, making sure it reaches “soft ball” stage. What is best about my recipe, is all you need to do with boil all the ingredients (minus the Oreos) for just 3 minutes then take straight off the heat and continuously beat the fudge until it turns nice and thick – that and waiting for the fudge to set are the two hardest parts of the recipe! Then finally finish by folding through the cookies. Leave it to set and then slice up!
The fudge would make fab gifts wrapped up or put into decorative jars. It is the best kind of sweet chocolate treat, perfect for any occasion! Enjoy!
(Makes about 32-40 squares)
1 x 227g (8 oz) tub clotted cream
275g (9¾ oz) caster sugar
100g (3.5 oz) golden syrup
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
8-10 Oreos, crushed
- Line an 8″ x 8″ square tin with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the clotted cream, sugar, golden syrup and vanilla in a medium saucepan. Heat gently and stir until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Turn the heat up, and the bring the mixture up to the boil. Allow to boil for 3 minutes. Then take straight off the heat.
- Using a wooden spoon, continuously beat the fudge for 10 minutes until it is really thick and matte.
- Finally fold half the crushed Oreos through the fudge. Spread out into the lined tin, and then decorate the top with the fudge with the remaining Oreos – make sure you press them in slightly. Place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight. Once set, cut into cubes.
- Fudge is best served chilled.
- It will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator or at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
Enjoy the recipe everyone!
Keep up to date with me on:
Like my Facebook page here
Other treats you make like to try!
Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies (a must try recipe!)