Today I thought I would share one of my favourites French madeleines. These madeleines combine my favourite flavour combo lemon and blueberry. These make a delicious midweek treat and the perfect spring recipe. They’re light, super buttery and they’re bursting with fresh blueberries and zingy lemon flavour.
(Makes 24 Madeleines)
3 large free-range eggs
130g caster sugar
200g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
200g self-raising flour (or the same of plain flour + 1 tsp baking powder)
Zest of 1 large unwaxed lemon
1 small punnet of fresh blueberries
1. Whisk the eggs and sugar until light and frothy. Then add the melted and cooled butter and whisk to fully incorporate.
2. Now add the flour, milk and the lemon zest. Mix until you have a really thick and smooth mixture. Then cover and place in the fridge for at least an hour or overnight to thicken.
3. When ready to bake, grease your Madeleine tin with a little butter if it’s not a non-stick tin.
4. Place about a tablespoon of the mixture into each of the shells, then press about 2-3 blueberries into each.
5. Bake for 5 minutes at 190 degrees C Fan, then turn the oven off for a minute- this is where the Madeleines get their signature peaks. Then after a minute, turn the oven back on and turn the temperature down to 160 degrees C Fan, cook for a further 5 minutes until lightly golden.
Allow to cool in the tins for a minute, then remove and finish cooling on a wire rack. Before serving dust with icing sugar.
Keep up to date with me on:
Like my Facebook page here
61 thoughts on “Lemon Blueberry Madeleines”
Great twist on traditional madeleines! I love blueberry and lemon anything, especially in cute little cakes like this. Thanks for bringing them to the Fiesta Jess! 🙂
I’ve been wanting to buy a madeleine pan, but I don’t really have any madeleine recipes. Now I do! Love the blueberry/lemon combination!
Jessica these look so good. I can almost smell these. My fav flavors together. I have saved the recipe to use. I don’t have a Madeleines tray,might make mini muffins instead.
I love madeleines and these one it looks fantastic! So good for any break time!
That sounds like a fun twist to Madeleines. I have to try this. Thanks for sharing! 🙂
I picked this up via Instagram; they look absolutely delicious! I’ve just bought a tin so that I can have a go myself 🙂
Great! Hope you like the recipe Kat! 😀
I also found you via Instagram! I have my batch in the fridge now. I hope I used the right amounts…
I used 3/4 cups melted butter
1 1/2 cups of flour
3/4 cups Sugar
I googled measurements conversions for these specific ingredients so I hope my calculations were right I can’t wait!!! I’ll post on Instagram if they come out good lol @carols_got_cakes