No-bake treats are my new favourite recipes because they’re quick and convenient to make and don’t require the use of an oven. As my last no-bake recipe went down well I thought I would share with you my new favourite no-bake chocolate recipe, which is super easy to make and tastes out of this world good! I personally love the saltiness of the peanut butter against the decadent chocolate topping. This is a treat worth making and what’s great is it takes only half an hour to make and chill. I first tried this recipe out earlier in the year and it tasted so good that I knew I had to make it again to share with you! Peanut butter fanatics are going to love these bars!
(Makes 16 Bars)
150g salted or unsalted butter
200g digestive biscuits
200g light brown sugar
300g smooth or crunchy peanut butter
200g dark or milk chocolate
30g / 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
1. Line a 20cm square tin with parchment paper and grease with butter.
2. Place the digestive biscuits and sugar in a food processor, blitz until you have fine crumbs. In a pan, melt the butter, then to the butter add the crushed biscuits and sugar along with the peanut butter and mix until the mixture ‘clumps’ together.
3. Tip the mixture into the lined tin and firmly press down using the back of a spoon. Set this aside in the fridge whilst you prepare the topping.
4. For the chocolate topping, melt the chocolate and peanut butter either one of two ways, melt in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (this is a bain-marie) or melt in the microwave in 30 second blasts until all the chocolate is completely melted. Once all the chocolate is melted, pour it over the peanut butter biscuit base and spread over until all the chocolate has covered the base and it’s nice and smooth. Set in the fridge for about 1 and 1/2 hours, or if you want to make it advance you can chill it overnight like I did and then serve it the next day. Once set, take it out of tin, remove the parchment paper and cut into 16 squares.
- The bars will store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Keep up to date with me on:
Like my Facebook page here