No-Bake Mini Egg Cheesecake. Vanilla cheesecake filled with grated chocolate and chopped Cadbury Mini Eggs. This is an easy recipe to make for your Easter celebrations and for any Mini Egg lover!
This is the latest ‘bake’ of my Easter recipes. My blog is home to a vast range of cheesecakes – a few baked cheesecakes, but mainly no-bake cheesecakes. All very tasty, all easy and fun to make.
The Easter recipes have been featuring on WJBN over the last month and a bit, having shared these Double Cheese Hot Cross Buns and my Mini Egg Cookies recently. I’ve been looking for ways I can incorporate Mini Eggs into just more recipe before Easter!
This no-bake treat is an Easter-inspired cheesecake and it certainly is an indulgent dessert. I’ve used a basic vanilla no-bake cheesecake (without gelatine), but to make it perfect to serve at Easter, I’ve folded through some grated chocolate and chopped Mini Eggs. I used a 100g bar of dark chocolate, but feel free to swap that for either milk or white chocolate instead, if you fancy!
Adding grated chocolate as well as Mini Eggs makes this cheesecake even more decadent and I love how much chocolate you get in each bite of the cheesecake…
The chocolate mixed with the cheesecake reminds me of a Stracciatella-style dessert.
Once I added all that delicious grated chocolate and folded through the chopped Mini Eggs, the cheesecake was ready to go in the fridge to set. You can add more Mini Eggs if you like, just swap the grated chocolate for the same quantity of Mini Eggs.
To decorate, I load on more chopped/whole Mini Eggs and a few extra bits of Easter chocolate.
Serve this over Easter for friends and family and they’ll go absolutely mad for it! It’s light, mousse-like, packed full of chocolate. THE dream Easter dessert.
Mini Egg Cheesecake
- 300 g chocolate or plain digestive biscuits
- 140 g butter (salted or unsalted)
- 100 g dark or milk chocolate finely grated
- 200 g Cadbury Mini Eggs roughly chopped or crushed
- 600 g full-fat cream cheese leave it out at room temperature for half an hour to soften slightly
- 100 g icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 300 ml double cream chilled - cream whips better when fridge cold
- Start by grating your chocolate and chopping your Mini Eggs.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Blitz the biscuits in a food processor to a fine crumb. Add the melted butter and mix until well combined. Tip the biscuit crumbs into a 23cm springform cake tin and press down until firm. Use the back of a spoon to smooth over, place in the fridge to chill whilst you make the filling.
- In a large mixing bowl beat together the cream cheese with the icing sugar and vanilla extract until smooth. In another mixing bowl whisk the cream until stiff peaks form.
- Start folding the cream in a bit at a time and mix to combine. Now fold through the grated chocolate and chopped Mini Eggs. Spread the cheesecake filling on top of the biscuit base, cover and refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 6 hours or overnight for best results.
- When ready to serve, decorate as desired. I piped 150ml of extra whipped cream around the edge, then sprinkled over chopped/whole Mini Eggs - decorate the cheesecake just before serving. The cheesecake will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Doing some more baking this Easter? Here’s some recipe inspiration!
Keep up to date with me on:
Like my Facebook page here