Sriracha Glazed Roasted Potatoes
Roasted potatoes in a sriracha glaze - the potatoes are soft on the inside, crisp on the outside with a spicy sticky glaze.
Servings 4 people
- 800 g baby potatoes quartered
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar, honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce I use dark soy sauce
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons sriracha adjust to taste
- 3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
Preheat oven to 220°C / 200°C Fan / 425°F / Gas Mark 7. Place the potatoes on a large baking tray. Drizzle with the oil and season with a generous sprinkle of salt. Roast the potatoes for 30-35 minutes until soft and they're lightly golden in colour.
When the potatoes are nearly ready, make the glaze. In a small bowl, whisk together the agave nectar/honey or maple syrup with soy sauce, sesame oil, sriracha and the chopped garlic.
Heat the glaze in a large saucepan (I recommend a deep frying pan/wok to do this) and allow the glaze to gently bubble for 2-3 minutes, or until it's thickened slightly. Add the roasted potatoes to the pan and mix to coat the potatoes in the glaze. Serve garnished with sesame seeds and chives/spring onion.