Basic Homemade Granola
Healthy homemade granola. This recipe will soon be a staple for your weekday breakfast and it can be topped anyway you like!
- 350 g jumbo rolled oats
- 150 g mixed chopped nuts I use 50g of each almonds, hazelnuts and walnuts
- 2 tablespoons milled or whole flaxseeds optional - you can also use other seeds you like
- 5-6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 5-6 tablespoons vegetable oil I use rapeseed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract optional
Preheat oven to 200°C / 180°C Fan / 400°F / Gas Mark 6.
Mix the oats, chopped nuts and flaxseed (or seeds of choice if using) in a large mixing bowl.
Add the maple syrup, oil and vanilla to the oats. Stir the ingredients together until the oats are moistened. Spread the granola out on a large baking tray and bake for 10 minutes or until lightly golden and toasted.
Allow the granola to cool before transferring to a jar or airtight container to store it. The granola will keep for up to a month.