Four ingredient peanut butter granola. Packed with crunchy clusters and the perfect mix of sweet ‘n’ salty flavour!
If you’re anything like me and completely obsessed with all things peanut butter then you’re in for a treat with this granola.
This recipe came about when I was bored one evening, it was one of those rare nights when there was nothing on TV that I was interested in watching and like most food bloggers all I could think of was what crazy new recipe I needed to make ASAP. I’m sure other food bloggers know what I’m talking about?
I’m the sort of person as soon as they think of a new recipe idea they HAVE to try it out and see what the result is. In this case, I headed straight for the kitchen that same evening and starting to whip up a batch of the most incredible peanut butter granola.
Next came the hardest part, waiting for the granola to bake and then enduring the difficult task of resisting eating the entire tray before breakfast.
This granola couldn’t be any easier to prepare. Grab a mixing bowl and add the oats. In a small saucepan gently melt together the peanut butter (crunchy or smooth), honey and a teaspoon of vanilla. That’s all it requires, four simple ingredients and just a couple of minutes of prep time and your oven will do the rest of the work!
I like that this recipe only makes a smaller portion of granola. A batch of homemade granola is never safe in my house as I can very easily munch on it all day long and before I know it’s all been eaten!
This granola makes a brilliant brekkie sprinkled over a bit of Greek yoghurt or served with milk. The list of topping choices is endless, you could go for some banana slices, fresh berries or even roasted peanuts. The best part is if you’re planning to serve it with milk is the granola will still remain really crunchy and won’t go all mushy and soft.
Before I forget, I like to sprinkle some dark chocolate chips into my serving of granola. Also, if you’re lucky enough to get peanut butter chips where you live why not add a few of those to the mix?
If you love peanut butter, try this granola. It’s the absolute best and madly addicting.
150g (1 and 1/2 cups) jumbo rolled oats
90g (1/4 cup) honey
65g (1/4 cup) crunchy or smooth peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 170°C / 150 Fan / 325°F / Gas Mark 3. Line a large baking tray/sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Add the oats to a large mixing bowl. In a small saucepan add the honey, peanut butter and vanilla. Heat gently and stir until completely melted – don’t let it boil.
- Add the melted peanut butter mixture to the oats and stir until all of the oats are well coated.
- Spread the granola out onto the lined baking tray/sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes (stirring every 5 minutes) until golden and toasted. Watch the granola carefully as it burns easily.
- Once the granola is baked allow it to cool, as it cools it will harden and get crisp. Store granola in an airtight container.
Keep up to date with me on:
Like my Facebook page here