Chocolate chip cookie cake – it’s soft, chewy and jam-packed with gooey chocolate chips. My new favourite way to enjoy cookies! Slice it up and serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce!
This Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake is just as amazing as it sounds. It’s chewy, gooey and a delicious sweet treat topped with a scoop of ice cream and caramel or chocolate sauce!
Why have small cookies when you can have a GIANT one? That makes good sense to me!
What I love most about this recipe is how easy it is to prepare. There’s no need for rolling out the dough because we’re pressing the cookie dough into a cake tin and you also won’t need to worry chilling the dough.
I like to use a combination of dark and milk chocolate chips in my cookie cake, but you can add just one type or even some white chocolate chips. I think the dark chocolate contrasts well with the sweetness in the cookie.
Cornflour (aka cornstarch) is the magic ingredient in a few favourite savoury and sweet recipes of mine. Adding a couple of teaspoons to the cookie dough ensures when the cookie cake is baked it has a gorgeous chewy centre!
170g (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
200g (1 cup packed) light brown sugar (substitute with dark brown sugar, if preferred)
1 large egg + 1 large egg yolk, at room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
250g (2 cups) plain flour (all-purpose)
2 teaspoons cornflour (cornstarch)
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
½ teaspoon salt
220g chocolate chips (I used a combination of dark and milk)
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 160 Fan / 350°F / Gas 4. Lightly grease a 23cm/9-inch round cake tin with butter or cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl cream the butter, sugar and vanilla until fluffy and light. Add the egg and egg yolk and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, cornflour, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients in two batches. Mix until a dough comes together. Finally, fold through the chocolate chips – this will require a fair bit of elbow grease as the dough will be very thick.
- Press the cookie dough out evenly into the prepared cake tin. Your hands will be the best tool to use! Once spread out, bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the cookie is a light golden colour on top. Note: baking time may take up to 30 minutes, depending on your oven).
- Once the cookie cake is baked remove it from the oven and set the cake tin over a wire rack to cool.
- When the cookie cake is completely cool, run a palette knife around the edges of the cookie to loosen the sides. Carefully release the cookie cake from the tin. Slice up, serve as it is, or with ice cream or frosting. Rewarm in the microwave or oven if you want to serve a slice warm.
If you like this Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe, you are going to love this cookie cake even more! You can serve the cookie cake on its own, top with ice cream, or even pipe a border of buttercream around the outside and decorate with sprinkles. Whichever way you decide, it’s sure to be delicious!
As I finish writing this blog post, I’m seriously regretting giving away the rest of this cookie to my taste testers. I’ll take any excuse to bake this again!
Keep up to date with me on:
Like my Facebook page here