Delicious, festive and so much fun to make! A great recipe idea for leftover Halloween treats!
Hey guys! Today I’m sharing another yummy recipe to celebrate Halloween!
You may remember my last post for these Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes? I shared that cupcake recipe last week on the blog, and as Halloween is this weekend I wanted to share one last Halloween-inspired recipe.
Halloween has become my second favourite holiday (behind Christmas). I love it SO much because it gives me the excuse to eat sweets and chocolate all day without a care in the world! And if you’re going trick or tricking this year, you are likely to have some leftover treats hanging around, which would be perfect for baking with.
Cue my Halloween Chocolate Bark! This bark is every chocolate lovers dream. What I love most about this bark, besides the fact it tastes amazing, is how quick and effortlessly easy it is to prepare. Kids will have fun making it, and the recipe will take you a matter of minutes to make. Get the adults to melt the chocolate then the kids can get creative and decorate! But trust me, the adults will have just as much fun making this as the kids! 😉
To make this bark you will start by lining a baking sheet with either parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Then you need to get your sprinkles/decorations ready, so once you’ve prepared those place them in bowls and put to one side whilst you melt the chocolate. Chop the chocolate (bark is totally customisable, I used milk chocolate but you could swap that for white or dark, or even a mix of the two). Place the bowl containing the chocolate in the microwave or over a pan of barely simmering water (also known as a bain-marie). Gently melt until near enough smooth with just a few lumps of chocolate remaining. Take off the heat and stir until smooth.
The next step: spread the melted chocolate out over the lined baking sheet. It needs to be approx. 1/4 inch thickness, but you can make this bark any thickness you like. Then decorate with your favourite sweets and chocolates. I went for a mix of chocolate Oreos and Reese’s Pieces, but you can top this bark with anything that takes your fancy. Place the bark in the refrigerator to set, then break up and enjoy! This would make a fantastic gift for Halloween. But saying that I would definitely enjoy eating it anytime of year!
Creamy milk chocolate topped with crunchy Reese’s Pieces and Oreos. I love the mix of sweet ‘n salty flavours in this bark – it really is moreish!
450g (1lb) milk, white or dark chocolate
10-12 Oreos, broken into pieces (use any flavour you like)
Reese’s Pieces (1 small 43g packet)
Additional topping ideas: spooky gummy sweets, sprinkles, mini chocolate chips
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Chop the chocolate. Place in a heatproof bowl, melt one of two ways: either place the bowl over a pan of barely simmering water, and stir until melted. Or place in the microwave for 20 seconds intervals, keep stopping and stirring until all the chocolate has completely melted – be careful not to get the chocolate too hot.
- Pour and spread the melted chocolate out onto the lined baking sheet. Make sure it is approx. 1/4 inch thickness, leaving a 1cm border around the outside.
- Now decorate with the sweets and chocolates. Place in the refrigerator for at least an hour, or until set. If you’re in a rush, you can set the bark in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Once set, break or cut up into pieces. Place in gift bags and surprise your friends with this delicious treat for Halloween! Note: the bark can be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Keep up to date with me on:
Like my Facebook page here